The Contessa Genius was put on this earth to get you up mountains with ease and to get you back down them in a flash. The Contessa Genius 910 features our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride. With a Shimano 12-speed drivetrain and Syncros components, the Contessa Genius 910 is action ready. Any Trail. Any Time.
Fox Nude TR Shock
- On several Ransom and Genius models, you'll find the all new FOX NUDE TR EVOL. What the TR allows you to do is to select what sort of progression you would like in Descend mode: more linear, or more progressive. By flipping the Ramp Adjust Lever, you can decide how your shock behaves while descending.
- A more linear shock gives a rider the same amount of support throughout a shock's travel. The suspension is supple throughout, and is "easier" to reach the end of the travel, or "bottom out." A more progressive shock will offer more support towards the end of travel, and is harder to bottom out. These settings are really linked to riding speed. When it is wet, techy, or when impacts are small and riding tends to be slower, one might favor the more linear setting. When the conditions are dry and fast, or when bigger impacts are in play (jumps for instance), then the progressive mode is ideal. With the NUDE TR Evol, choosing and changing is easy.
TwinLoc Suspension System
- With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
- TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
- These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150m travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
One Frame Two Wheel Sizes
With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
- Genius Alloy SL Frame
- FOX 34 Float Performance 150mm Fork
- FOX Nude TR EVOL, TwinLoc, 150mm
- Shimano XT-SLX 12 Speed
- Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-30S TR Rims
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
Wider than standard yet narrower than fat, plus-size rims and tires hit the sweet spot in grip, stability, and speed, giving you more confidence on technical terrain. Compared to a standard tire you’ll feel grip in places you wouldn’t expect thanks to a bigger contact patch and greater rollover clearance. More air volume allows lower tire pressures which softens bumps and increases float on sand or snow. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, the benefits of plus-size tires and rims will amplify your mountain biking fun.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Genius Alloy SL 6011, custom butted / VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., TBC Trunnion box construction|
|Fork||FOX 34 Float Rhythm Air, Grip 3 / 3-Modes, tapered steerer, 44mm offset / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 150mm travel / light tune|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX NUDE TR EVOL Trunnion, Contessa Custom Tune w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend, custom large Air volume / DPS / Reb. Adj., Travel 150-100-Lockout / 185 x 55mm,|
Front: 15x110mm QR axle
Rear: Boost 12 x 148mm
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros X-30S / 32H / 30mm / Sleeve Joint, Tubeless ready|
Front: Formula ST-1905 / 6 Bolt / 15x110mm
Rear: Formula MST-148 / 6 Bolt / Boost 12 x 148mm / MS
|Spokes||Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm|
Front: Maxxis Dissector 29 x 2.6", Specs: 60TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / Tubeless ready
Rear: Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.6", Specs: 60TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / Tubeless ready
|Crankset||Shimano XT FC-M8120-1 / Hollowtech 2|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-MT500 / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||Shimano SLX CN-M7100|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT custom|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT RD-M8100 SGS, Shadow Plus / 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano SLX CS-M7100-12 / 10-51t|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL-M7100-R / Rapidfire Plus|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon 2.0 / Alloy 6061D.B., 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Women Pro lock-on grip|
|Stem||Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy, 6° / integrated Top Cap / 31.8mm / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano MT520 4 Piston Disc, 203/F and 180/R SM-RT66 rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Savona V-Concept 2.0, CRMO rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.0 Remote, 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M 125mm / L 150mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Syncros Trail Fender|
* Subject to change without notice.