The Ransom. 170mm of trail-munchin', climb-crushing, stage-winning, all-day-pinning mountain biking excellence. The 920 comes equipped with our TwinLoc Suspension System, a SRAM Eagle groupset and Syncros components to help you get away with murder, regardless of your ability level.
- When designing the Ransom, speed was a topic that was always at the forefront of discussion. Naturally, the geometry of the bike was selected to accompany the type of riding it is intended for. With 170mm of travel, this unique 29er has a geometry that will get you to the top comfortably and then back down faster than ever before. Long, slack and stable at speed, this rig can tame any descent. However, we didn't want to cut any corners with regards to seat angle or position. Where we live, big days involve plenty of climbing, and we think it's important that climbs can be as fun as the downs – proper climbing position is essential to that.
- Protecting the Ransom's frame was an integral part of the project. We've integrated a clever DT protector under the BB and along the downtube, and have also implemented a newly developed, noise-silencing chainstay/seatstay protector. A quiet ride is a fast ride.
- With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
- TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
- These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150mm travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
One Frame Two Wheel Sizes
- With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
- Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 27.5” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- Best Roll-Over Performance
- Carries Momentum
- Maximum Traction surface
- Best stability on easy trails
- Lowest suspension stress
- Great for larger frame sizes
- Increase stability on long curve
- Ransom Alloy SL Frame
- FOX 36 Float Performance 170mm Fork
- FOX Nude T EVOL, TwinLoc, 170mm
- SRAM NX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros Revelstoke 2.5 TR Wheels
- Maxxis Minion DHF Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Ransom Alloy SL 6011, custom butted / VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., TBC Trunnion box construction / Boost 12x148mm|
|Fork||FOX 36 Float Performance Air, Grip 3 / 3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle, 44mm offset / tapered steerer, Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 170mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX NUDE T EVOL Trunnion, SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend, custom large air volume / DPS / Reb. Adj., Travel 170-120-Lockout / 205X65mm,|
Front: 15 x 110mm axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros Revelstoke 2.5 6 Bolt, F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost, 30mm Tubeless ready rim 28Hr, Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool|
|Tires||Front : Maxxis Minion DHF / 2.6" / 120TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / TR / 3C Maxx Terra, Rear : Maxxis Minion DHF / 2.6" / 120TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO+/ TR / 3C Maxx Terra|
|Crankset||SRAM NX Eagle DUB Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN NX Eagle|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT Chainguide|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM NX / PG1230 / 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon 1.5 Rise / Alloy 20140D.B., 20mm rise / 8° / 800mm, Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros XM1.5 / Alloy 6061, integrated Spacer & Top Cap / 31.8mm / 0° / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano MT520 4 Piston Disc, 203/F and 180/R SM-RT66 rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Comox 2.0, Crmo Rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.0 / Remote, 31.6mm / S 125mm / M 150mm / L & XL 170mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Syncros Trail Fender|
* Subject to change without notice.